Dormitories of Birjand University of Medical Sciences
Birjand University of Medical Sciences has put a great deal of investment in constructing and equipping student dormitories for the convenience of the students. Currently, there are 5 dormitories (3 dormitories for girls, one dormitory for boys with a capacity of 1116 people and one dormitory for married couples with 26 suites) equipped with welfare facilities.
1. Dormitories for Girls
This dormitory has an area of about 5330 meters and contains 70 four-bed rooms with a total capacity of 280 people to accommodate female students of medical sciences, dentistry and graduate programs.
This dormitory has an area of about 4220 meters and contains 104 three-bed rooms with a total capacity of 296 people to accommodate female students in the associate and bachelor levels.
This dormitory has an area of about 3100 square meters and contains 147 four-bed and five-bed rooms with a total capacity of 200 people to accommodate female students in the associate and bachelor levels.
2- Vali-e-Asr Dormitory (For Boys)
The university has a dormitory for boys, called Vali-e-Asr Dormitory, located 3 km from the university. This dormitory has an infrastructure of about 4500 square meters and contains 90 rooms with a total capacity of 340 people to accommodate male students in all majors.
- Study Space:
- This dormitory has a 50-meter study hall equipped with desks and chairs.
- Sports Space:
- There is a multi-purpose sports complex for the students with a total area of 1500 square meters located next to the dormitory which can be used for several sports.
- Welfare, Services and Counseling Space:
- This dormitory is equipped with a buffet, a TV lounge, a counseling room, and phone taxi service for students.
- Cultural Space:
- This dormitory is equipped with a prayer room, a cultural room, and a computer site for students.
3. Married Couples’ Dormitory
This dormitory has an infrastructure of about 1500 square meters and contains 26 suites, each with an area of 36 square meters, providing accommodation services to married students.
General Dormitory Facilities:
All dormitories are equipped with study halls, sports gyms, and wireless internet access provided by the university server.
In all day and night shifts in the girls’ dormitories, there is a superintendent or dormitory manager in charge of controlling the students attendance; in boys’ dormitory, the responsibility is diffused with the dormitory guardsman or manager.