Maxillofacial Radiology and Surgery Department
Oral and maxillofacial radiography provides beneficial and comprehensive information about the teeth, supporting structures of the teeth, and normal anatomy at the study areas. Oral and Maxillofacial Radiology uses normal imaging technologies (inside or outside the mouth), CT-Scan, ultrasound, MRI, and nuclear scan.
Some of the most important therapeutic measures for oral and maxillofacial surgery are:
- Oral cavity minor surgeries like tooth extraction or impacted teeth surgery
- Surgery of maxillofacial injuries
- Surgery of maxillofacial pathologic lesions
- Surgery for congenital malformation correction
- Surgery of temporomandibular joint disorders
- Facial cosmetic surgeries
- Treatment of maxillofacial infections, etc.
Head of Department: Dr. Maryam Khani
Dr. Somayyeh Sadatnava Lavasani